Why 10 pushups?
In my last post, I talked about my morning rituals. Doing 10 pushups, is part of my morning rituals. I do them first, I do all my rituals in the same order everyday. Our brains love patterns.
I have five reasons, I do 10 pushups everymorning.
- It wakes me up. The blood gets pumping, I feel strong, I feel good.
- It’s a win. I am trying to create the habit of winning. Small wins add up to big wins.
- Why do I do 10 pushups? Because, I know I can do 10 pushups. When I started my morning rituals, I could only do 5. Set a number, you can accomplish everyday, especially when you don’t feel like not doing it. I have many mornings when I don’t want to do pushups. I know, I can do 10.
- I am building the habit of self-dicipline. Doing my 10 push-ups everyday, builds self-dicipline. Doing my 10 pushups, when I don’t want to builds stronger self-dicipline.
- Accomplishing the 10 pushups, makes me happy. I feel good when I’m done. Our bodies were made to move, build muscle, and to stretch.
What are your morning rituals?
Slay the day – Rich Fox